WB Games has announced MultiVersus, a free-to-play brawler game that features iconic Warner Bros. characters like Batman, Superman, and Arya Stark.
MultiVersus is set to be WB Games’ answer to Super Smash Bros. Developed by Player First Games, the Warner Bros. produced game will feature characters from DC, Game of Thrones, Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, and more.
The game will be free to play and will support 1v1, 2v2, and 4-player free for all matches across various stages, which include the Batcave. Key characters from the roster have been announced, though more will be announced at a later date. Seeing as the game is set in the Warner Bros. multiverse, several iconic voice actors have reprised their roles for the game. So far, the roster for MultiVersus includes:
- Batman, voiced by Kevin Conroy
- Superman, voiced by George Newbern
- Wonder Woman, voiced by Abby Trott
- Harley Quinn, voiced by Tara Strong
- Shaggy (Scooby-Doo), voiced by Matthew Lillard
- Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes), voiced by Eric Bauza
- Arya Stark (Game of Thrones), voiced by Maisie Williams
- Jake the Dog (Adventure Time), voiced by John DiMaggio
- Finn the Human (Adventure Time), voiced by Jeremy Shada
- Steven Universe, voiced by Daniel DiVenere
- Garnet (Steven Universe), voiced by Estelle
- Tom and Jerry, voiced by Eric Bauza
- Reindog (an original character for MultiVersus), voiced by Andrew Frankel
The first official reveal breaks down the game’s various mechanics, teases some of the characters like Batman and Superman, as well a few of the stages fans can expect to brawl on. Seeing as the game’s roster is incomplete at the moment, it’s hard not to imagine other DC characters joining Batman and Superman, like Aquaman, or The Flash.
WB Games’ MultiVersus will launch sometime in 2022 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. The game will support cross-play across all platforms. If you would like to be a part of the various playtests held for the game, click here.