Tottenham: Cristian Romero’s hamstring injury is ‘serious’

Tottenham suffer injury blow as Antonio Conte reveals Cristian Romero’s hamstring injury is ‘serious’ with a second scan needed to find out the extent of the damage

  • Tottenham are nervously waiting to find out nature of Christian Romero’s injury 
  • The Argentina defender sustained problem in his country’s 0-0 draw with Brazil 
  • He missed Spurs’ win over Leeds and Antonio Conte said another scan is needed











Tottenham are nervously waiting to find out the nature of Christian Romero’s hamstring injury after Antonio Conte revealed another scan is required.

The Argentina defender sustained the muscle issue in his country’s 0-0 draw with Brazil in a World Cup qualifier last week.

The problem ruled the 23-year-old out of Spurs’ victory over Leeds last weekend and manager Conte has admitted the injury is ‘serious’.

Tottenham are nervously waiting to find out the nature of Christian Romero’s hamstring injury

Spurs boss Antonio Conte revealed another scan is required to work out the timeframe

Spurs boss Antonio Conte revealed another scan is required to work out the timeframe

‘We are waiting for another scan,’ he said ahead of Spurs’ Europa Conference League trip to NS Mura.

‘I think his injury is a bit serious. We have to wait. I don’t know how long he will need to recover. His injury is worse than (Giovani) Lo Celso and (Dane) Scarlett.

‘He needs another scan, then the doctor can give more details.’

The Argentina defender sustained muscle issue in his country's 0-0 draw with Brazil last week

The Argentina defender sustained muscle issue in his country’s 0-0 draw with Brazil last week

Sunday’s 2-1 home win over Leeds did see the return of left back Ryan Sessegnon after a lengthy spell on the sidelines and Conte revealed he will start Thursday night’s clash.

‘I can’t wait to see his performance because I repeat: he’s a talented player with great space for improvement,’ the Italian boss added.

‘Now it’s important to give him regularity, to try to avoid injury and give him a chance to be available for every game.’

Conte’s predecessor Nuno Espirito Santo opted to leave his first-choice XI at home for a game at Vitesse Arnhem last month, but Conte says all of his fit players will be travelling to Slovenia.

‘All the players available will come with us,’ he said.

‘They must be ready to play against Mura. I need to make rotation because there are players who are a bit tired.’

Source link

Share

What do you think?

Comments

Leave a Reply

Benfica boss Jorge Jesus is left bewildered after Haris Seferovic’s shocking late miss at Barcelona

Kevin Sinfield plays down knighthood calls after his MND fundraising for Rob Burrow