Ferran Torres ‘is told by Pep Guardiola he will NOT stop his dream move to Barcelona’ as the Spain forward inches closer to a Manchester City exit departure in January
- Ferran Torres has reportedly already agreed a five-year deal with Barcelona
- The 21-year-old has supposedly told Pep Guardiola of his desire to leave City
- Barcelona are keen to back new manager Xavi in the transfer window
Ferran Torres has reportedly moved closer to the Manchester City exit door amid reports in Spain that Pep Guardiola has told him he will not stop a move to Barcelona.
According to the Spanish publication Mundo Deportivo on Thursday, Torres is desperate to fulfil his dream of playing for Barcelona and Guardiola has told him he doesn’t want unhappy players at City.
It now appears that the 21-year-old Torres will be set for a move next month as long as Barcelona and City can agree a fee.
Ferran Torres is moving closer to the Manchester City exit door amid Barcelona interest
That could be a stumbling block for Barcelona, who are in financial difficulty off the back of the Covid-19 pandemic.
But the Catalan side are said to be eager to back their new manager Xavi in next month’s transfer window.
Mundo Deportivo add that Torres has already agreed terms over a five-year contract at the Nou Camp.
Barcelona are currently seventh in the LaLiga standings, 13 points behind leaders and fierce rivals Real Madrid.
Cash-strapped Barcelona are eager to back new manager Xavi in the transfer market
City signed Torres in August 2020, with the attacker signing a five-year contract in Manchester. He arrived in a £20.8m move from Spanish side Valencia.
So far this season, Torres has played seven times for City in all competitions, scoring three goals.
His last appearance was on September 21, however, and he has since been sidelined due to a foot injury sustained on international duty with Spain.