Former NRL WAG Arabella Del Busso WINS boxing debut after beating Papi Katarina in three rounds 

Former NRL WAG Arabella Del Busso WINS boxing debut after beating Papi Katarina by unanimous decision in three rounds 

  • Arabella Del Busso defeated Papi Katarina in their celebrity boxing bout
  • The former NRL WAG won by unanimous decision after three rounds
  • Del Busso claimed she was ‘dropped’ from her previous debut match last year

Former NRL WAG Arabella Del Busso defeated influencer Papi Katarina in their celebrity boxing match on Saturday.

Del Busso and Katarina got into the ring at the Pretender to Contender: Winner Takes All match at the Melbourne Pavilion, with Del Busso prevailing by unanimous decision after three rounds.

The bout came months after the 29-year-old claimed she was ‘dropped’ from her previous debut match last December.

Antonella Del Busso won her boxing debut by defeating Katerina Papi in Melbourne

Speaking about ahead of the fight, Del Busso told Daily Mail Australia: ‘I’m really looking forward to it, and have been dedicated and training five times a week. 

‘It’s something I have always wanted to do, and this is a great opportunity for myself. I have received such great support and have a lot of people behind me, and what better than to put a show in front of my own city of Melbourne?’ 

Del Busso was initially scheduled to make her boxing debut on December 22 last year against English model Kate McLaren at the No Limit event in Sydney, on the same card headlined by Paul Gallen’s bout against Darcy Lussick.

Del Busso won by unanimous decision after three rounds on Saturday

Del Busso won by unanimous decision after three rounds on Saturday

The bout marked the former NRL WAG boxing debut after she was dropped from an event in Sydney in December last year

The bout marked the former NRL WAG boxing debut after she was dropped from an event in Sydney in December last year 

Ahead of the fight Del Busso said boxing was something she 'had always wanted to do'

Ahead of the fight Del Busso said boxing was something she ‘had always wanted to do’ 

However, she was eventually dropped from the event over weight issues, as opposed to ‘severe backlash’ over her ‘dodgy past’ as it was initially rumoured.

‘Firstly weight was a problem, having the fight at 65 kilos wasn’t possible, myself being 57.8 kilos and Kate being 64 kilos,’ she explained.

‘Boxing Australia wouldn’t have accepted the weight difference.’ 

Source link

Share

Comments

Leave a Reply

Outgoing interim boss Ralf Rangnick is keen to host a debrief with incoming manager Erik ten Hag

Charlize Theron Shares An Exciting Behind-The-Scenes Look At Her Doctor Strange 2 Role