Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus ‘will be banned from the Champions League this week’

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus ‘will be banned from the Champions League this week’ after La Liga president and UEFA chief Javier Tebas warns European giants they should be ‘scared’ of disciplinary action

  • Clubs are facing disciplinary proceedings over plans for European Super League
  • They have insisted that they are within their rights to form a new competition
  • Other nine signed a letter of apology and pledged £12.9m to grassroots football
  • UEFA chief Javier Tebas warns trio they should be ‘scared’ of disciplinary action

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus will be banned from the Champions League this week, according to reports in Italy.

The three European giants are facing disciplinary proceedings over their plans to form the European Super League.

They have insisted that they are within their rights to form a new competition and claim that UEFA and FIFA have no right to get in their way. 

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus set to be banned from the Champions League this week

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus set to be banned from the Champions League this week 

Of the dozen clubs to form the new breakaway league outside UEFA’s control, only Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus are still on board.  

FIFA have already begun disciplinary proceedings against the three clubs. The other nine, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester City, signed a letter of apology to UEFA and pledged to give £12.9m to grassroots football.   

La Liga president and UEFA Executive Committee member Javier Tebas said on Tuesday that Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus should be ‘scared’ of the outcome of UEFA’s disciplinary proceedings against them.

Juventus and the two Spanish clubs have yet to pull out of the Super League project

Juventus and the two Spanish clubs have yet to pull out of the Super League project

Juventus and the two Spanish clubs have yet to pull out of the Super League project

And Italian outlet la Repubblica claims the three clubs will be kicked out of the Champions League this week. 

‘The ones that have to be scared are Real Madrid and Barcelona,’ Tebas told ESPN. ‘I don’t want to imagine a Champions [League] without them but it can happen.

‘More than a sanction, UEFA may opt not to register Madrid, and Barca in the Champions. I think they could be left out. They should be scared.’

UEFA chief Javier Tebas warns European giants they should be 'scared' of disciplinary action

UEFA chief Javier Tebas warns European giants they should be 'scared' of disciplinary action

UEFA chief Javier Tebas warns European giants they should be ‘scared’ of disciplinary action

Barcelona’s president pledged last week to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport if UEFA take sanctions.

‘I told [UEFA president Aleksander] Ceferin that we were not going to apologise and that we were not going to pay a fine that is unjustifiable. If they fine us, we will go to the CAS,” Joan Laporta said. 

‘We will fight to protect the interests of Barcelona and to develop a model of football that is sustainable. All clubs are losing money.” 

Source link

Share

What do you think?

Comments

Leave a Reply

Patrick Mahomes’ 20-0 aspirations for Chiefs would not come easily – Kansas City Chiefs Blog

Rafael Nadal coasts through to French Open second round after victory over Alexei Popyrin